
I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow. Which means I have to face the dreaded "car carts." You've seen them, the shopping carts that are supposed to resemble a car. I guess the purpose is to keep your child occupied and happily "driving" the car while you shop. Let me alert the designer of the car cart, they don't work.
I cannot tell you how many innocent shoppers I have accidently rammed with the car cart which weighs as much as an elephant. The turning radius is somewhat lacking in a car cart. You are better off just making a circle around the entire store then flipping a u-turn in that beast.
Because the child is low to the ground they can GET OUT of the cart very easily, and then I end up chasing my three-year old down the aisle while trying to push the cart beast.
If you can turn a light on and off by the mere clap of your hands, (The Clapper) why can't someone design a shopping cart that one can push through a store?
Monday, October 1, 2007
Driver's Ed Revisited
Posted by Rachel at 7:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
May I also add that the car cart has much less basket space in addition to its bus-like bulk. So not only does it feel like you're trying to manuever an 18 wheeler down the aisles, but you can only fit one carseat and a package of tortillas in the thing.
I try to do all my grocery shopping at night by myself so I can avoid the dreaded carts. Every once in a while I take the whole crew, I sure get a work out pushing the enormous carts around. You should invent a motorized cart, you could make millions.
Thank you! I loathe those things as well. Now I never let my kids go in, which causes a big fight EVERY time we go to the store.
Post a Comment