Sunday, October 7, 2007

Carrots not Carats


We dug up all of our garden. I use the term garden very loosely. It was our first attempt and we learned quite a bit. Although we were very successful in the carrots. I mean it was like those carrots had been watered in miracle grow. The reality is we ignored them all summer. Despite our lack of care we now could feed ten rabbit families all winter.

I have offered some of our neighbors carrots and they have politely declined. I think one lady is avoiding me for fear that I will offer her more produce. They are carrots people not zucchini. They increase night vision, and are full of anti-oxidants, not to mention really good! I just want to dump them on doorsteps. But I think everyone would know I left them. Maybe we'll get a rabbit.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'll take some! Ha ha. I'm so glad you have a blog. I put a link to your blog on ours--I hope that's okay. Your posts are great. I'll be back often.

holly said...

So funny, Rachel. We would take some, but alas, I live too far away. Good luck.

Valerie said...

Oh, Rachel. I just paid about five dollars for two little bags of baby carrots. I would take those bad boys off your hands in a flash. I'll expect them in two to three buisness days.

Rachel said...

Val, say no more they are yours! Maybe I should start selling my produce in the Big Apple. After all it is totally organic. Look out Whole Foods!

Marta Nielsen said...

I linked yours to mine, so I guess it's okay if you do the same :). So I laughed out loud at this one, it really was too much.