I have a re-occurring nightmare. The kind where you wake up in the middle of the night with your heart pounding, sweaty palms, and feelings of anxiety coursing through you. The dream is pretty close to the same every time. I am going to a college class, and find out that the final exam is being given, and for some reason I have not gone to class the whole semester, have no idea what the coursework is, and in many instances haven't even purchased the book. The thought keeps running through my head, "why didn't I go to class?"
It happened to me again last night. Only this time I was in High School, and as I am walking into the school suddenly realize that I have three projects due that day, and have done absolutely no work at all. I spent the rest of my dream panicking, trying to figure out how to get partial credit, attempting to prioritize the projects that need the most work, ect. ect. Same premise every time.
I realized a few months ago that I have these dreams when I am procrastinating something in my current non-going-to-school life. So today I am getting on the stick, cleaning those bathrooms I have been putting off, so hopefully when I sleep tonight I will actually graduate from high school.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
My Personal Groundhog Day Terror
Posted by Rachel at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have the same dream! Sometimes I can't even seem to find the classroom, because I never go to the class, which makes me late.
I was thinking about you the other day. We need to get together some time soon. We are actually headed back to CA for a visit this weekend Yeah! I am excited to leave this weather behind.
Hope your dreams are sweeter tonight!
You make me laugh! I hope you are getting some better rest now!
My flashback dreams take me back to "dating". For some reason I end up single in some dreams and it is TERRIFYING!
I think those are the nights I must feel guilty for not showing my hubby enough appreciation or love. :)
Wow. I have the exact same dream. I guess I should get off the blog and go clean the kitchen. The dishes are still out from last night. :)
no way! i have those same dreams, only in some of them i'm trying and trying to get to class but can't move my feet for some reason (sometimes, because i forgot to put my leg on! :) but i never connected them to real life. i'm going to have to pay attention now to when they come....
Post a Comment