Saturday, September 18, 2010

Parenting 101: Nutrition and Meltdowns

The other day Peep 2 was screaming while I was buckling in her car seat. She could not be happy because the picture she had been drawing was not "pretty enough yet" and therefore a meltdown was well underway.

I noticed that deep in the recesses of her carseat was a single smartie left over from who knows when and had been sitting there for who knows long. I dug the smartie out, wiped it off, (germs and cleanliness are always a priority, even under duress,) stuck it in her mouth, and the crying stopped instantly! Yes, I am well on my way for Mother of the Year.

5 comments:

silvia said...

I just wanted to leave you a comment so you would know I read your blog and I thougt it was great.

PBM&C said...

rach.....you always, always make me smile! You are so creative in your problem solving!

You da best!
Becky

Shannon said...

I'm laughing. :) xoxo

Fredia said...

I love it when you post! It makes me smile all day:)

Deb said...

brilliant. car seat leftovers have stopped multiple tantrums here, too. :)

and i didn't know you had a blog! i saw your comment on cathy's. we do too. it's private but not exclusive, so if you'd like to check it out, email me at webigail at gmail.com and i'll send you an invite.