Saturday, September 6, 2008

Preston Idaho: How Do They Do it?


Preston is more than just the setting for the movie Napoleon Dynamite. Oh, it is so much more. They have recently accomplished what I thought could not be done. What you ask could that be?

Let me give you a hint. Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun....yep, the citizens on Preston Idaho have put the local McDonald's out of business! In fact they have successfully made every fast food joint close their doors except one...Arctic Circle.

Yes it's true, in Preston, the Arctic Circle reigns supreme. I'm sure that fascinating studies could be done about this town. What is it about this Arctic Circle that makes every other hamburger joint seem like goat meat? I don't know the answers, but a town with this kind of power blows my mind. If they could shut-out the golden arches then just imagine what could be next.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is astonishing!

The only time I have ever been to Preston was for the Christmas lights one year when Grandpa Tom was honored at that event.

Funny, considering how close I've been so many times.

But I still think of it whenever I play tetherball. OK, it's not that often.

holly said...

I tell you how...it is those delicious shakes with the cookie in the top. Arctic Circle has the best shakes ever, and all other fast food chains fade in comparison :).

Nicole said...

Wow! That is crazy! I didn't know that could be possible...

Valerie said...

This tale is so empowering. I mean, if Preston Idaho can shut down the McDonalds, then I can do anything (emphasis on the "I").

And, I can't believe Arctic Circle remains. That is, without a doubt, the worst food I've ever had.

Ever.

Annette said...

Oh my gosh RACHEL! You are so so FUNNY!!!

derrickfam said...

Rocky's mother grew up in Preston Idaho. I know the town well. There are a lot of great places for ice cream. McDonalds. ha ha ha. I love it. Artic circle does have really good fry sauce...