I first saw some leaves laying on the grass about a month ago, and it made me really sad. This means that summer is gone. The leaves are no longer growing, they are dying. No more fresh tomatoes for dinner, no more fresh zucchini (thank goodness, that stuff was killing me) No more sprinklers under the trampoline, I could go on and on.
But now I am remembering how much I like the fall, so please pass some more apple cider while I finish knitting a sweater that will make a walk in the crisp air just perfect. And for a few moments it will be as if life truly is exactly like the pictures on the fall edition of the L.L. Bean catalog, (except with split ends, and dirty, wrinkled clothes, and breakfast dishes in the sink.)
Monday, October 12, 2009
From Watermelon to Pumpkin Seeds and Carmel Corn
Posted by Rachel at 8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rachel...I love fall too. Thanks for all your help today. You are a dear friend and I'm so glad I have the privlege of living next door to someone so cool!!!
I miss you Rachel. Enjoy the season, as we don't get much of one here. I was just complaining to Adam that the leaves turn from green straight to brown. It's so ugly - what happened to the "color" of fall? We had a couple days last week that had their highs in the low 70's and we were so excited to wear sweaters. I know, humorous.:)
Post a Comment