I noticed that an El Pollo Loco is being built very near my home. I'm not a huge fan. In fact when I saw it fear gripped my heart. Having lived in a crazy chicken market before I know that this means TV commercials involving a long-haired Latin posing over a grill full of chicken calling himself El Caliente. But the worst part is a jingle that can have you singing El Pollo Loco until you want to pull your hair out. Friends and neighbors considered yourself warned. Let's hope the advertising campaign is limited strictly to print in Utah county.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
El Pollo Loco...The jingle does stick in your head. Adam got on a kick of singing the stupid thing for about 3 weeks - at random times out would come this obnoxious tune. I'm so sorry. :) We miss you!
I wondered if that place is good. Also, I can totally see Emery singing the jingle all around the house...I guess I can say.."Yeah for me!"
Hey, at least you don't have commercials for the deliciousness that is Sonic playing all the time and NO SONIC FOR MILES! Anaheim is the closest and when we are in Anaheim, our frozen treats are coming from the Magic Kingdom.
El Caliente is almost as annoying as those weird Quiznos creatures they featured a few ad campaigns ago.
Rach, this post made me laugh so hard...remember when you took me to El Pollo Loco in South Pas and I got a bone in my taco? Nice.
You're back! Hooray! thanks for the post...now I've got that ridiculous jingle stuck in my head. :)
I can use more frequent posts from you. They are so entertaining.
I first heard it on radio and sincerely thought Antonio Banderas was the spokesperson. I was quite relieved to learn he had not come down so far.
I was so upset when they put the El Pollo Loco sign up and it was yet another Mexican fast food restaurant that wasn't a Taco Time! I guess it's a good thing not to have one too close. Oh, and be warned...when Matt saw your post he said he was going to learn the jingle just so he can sing it for you! :)
I love El Pollo Loco! Besides the great food, the model/spokesman is a way hot latino guy. What else could you ask for?
Post a Comment