My cousin Val recently blogged about what she would do if she stayed out all night long. Well not to one-up you Val, but I recently DID stay up all night. You might be thinking what can a person who lives in a town named after an ancient prophet do in the wee hours? Fasten your seatbelt and prepare for a wild ride.
10 p.m. Read a book
11 p.m. Peep 2 started crying about a stomachache. Spent the next hour trying to calm her down
12:30 p.m. Peep 3 wakes up. Feed and change Peep 3. Peep 1 awakes to see what is going on, spend time putting her back to sleep.
1-3 a.m. Holding Peep 2 and listen to her moan about stomach, also sat on bathroom floor with her for some of that time.
4 a.m. This is when it starts to get exciting and somewhat gross, stomachache is gone! Now have lots of sheets to wash, carpet and bathroom to clean.
4:30 a.m. First load of laundry started, still scrubbing the bathroom. Figure since I am already started might as well clean the whole thing.
6:00 a.m. Two loads of laundry going. Carpet wet but clean again. Peeps 1 and 3 now waking up. Time to get breakfast started. (By starting breakfast I mean pouring the cereal into bowls.)
There you have it, one crazy night with no sleep at all. Not quite as glamorous as a night in NYC but hey, it's all I've got. For the record I never want to stay up all night again.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
24/7
Posted by Rachel at 8:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
awsome! I'm so happy to see you blogging more than once every six months. I can say that, cause i don't have a blog.
Valerie will learn about that kind of fun all-nighter pretty soon.
yes, if you're going to stay up all night, i recommend different activities. now you just have to tell your kids that. :)
That sounds awful!! I will definitely abstain from pining for an all night again.
This was really exciting. I felt like I was right there with you. I mean, when there was no more stomachache, I was all, what's happening? (then it became clear)
Post a Comment